CT Pest Exterminators
Find Your Pest:
Have insects, rodents or wildlife invaded your home or business? Click on an image below to learn more.
Coronavirus Special Announcement
Our top priority at Yale Pest is protecting the health and environment of our employees and customers. We are closely monitoring the current coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, and our top priority is keeping our employees and customers safe. In addition to following the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO), we already have policies and procedures in place across our business to address issues which may arise during this outbreak and potential pandemic events.
Pest Control Services Resolving Your Bug Problems:
If you are looking for Eco friendly and effective Pest Control, our trained and professional team is here to help!
At Yale Pest Control we work with insects and rodents on a daily basis and know where they like to live, feed and breed. We see how they will typically infest a home. With our years of experience and a comprehensive inspection, we will be able to recommend the proper treatment to protect your home and family. You will feel assured seeing our specialists in action to eliminate your pest problem. Call Today!
Questions About Bed Bugs?The most common first signs are bed bug bites. These bites will leave rashes of different sizes and be itchy. Many doctors will not be able to immediately identify them. If you feel you get bites after waking up in the morning, it can likely a bed bug bite.
Bear in mind that reactions to bed bug bites are allergic in nature and the first bite may produce no response. Making matters more uncertain...Not all individuals are sensitive and react with a rash, and the allergic response may increase with repeated exposure. What all this means is that it is quite common to have only 1 member of the house hold with bite rashes.
So this means that further detective work is necessary to identify a bed bug infestation, and we will need to look for other evidence in the sleeping and lounging areas of your home.
Click to learn more about our CT Bed Bug Exterminator Services.
Guidelines in choosing a pest control companyWhen selecting a pest control provider, it pays to spend a few minutes researching this providers history and verifying that they have a proven track record. This small step can go a long way into avoiding a costly mistake
1. Get 2 or 3 Estimates: Be an educated consumer and get a few estimates. It would be wrong to assume that all service providers charge the same price. Understand what the provider is offering in a written estimate will help you compare “apples to apples”. Resist the urge to make a fast decision out of panic because of a sudden insect infestation.
2. Check Reliability History: A quick check of the department of consumer affairs in your county and the Better Business Bureau can save you from a costly mistake. Make sure that the company you choose has a history of professional and reliable service. This would normally assure that you are getting what you were promised. Do an internet search for complaints and ask for referrals and testimonials. Should you wish to check our history at positive pest, see the independently posted reviews and read about us.
3. Review the Warranty: Try to use a company that has a long history of reliable service, since any warranty is worthless if the company you choose is no longer in business. Read and understand each company’s policy. Be sure to read the fine gray print on the back of contracts for hidden clauses and exclusions that would tend to negate any warranty protection
4. Insurance & Certifications: If the work to be performed is sizeable don’t hesitate to ask for copies of the company’s Liability & Workman’s Compensation insurance Certificates. You need to check that the work is being performed by a qualified technician that is State Certified. It will also extend the company’s reputation if they belong to industry associations such as the New York State Pest Management Association.
5. Price Protection in long term contracts: Many pest control services require follow up visits and renewable contracts especially when dealing with termites and carpenter ants. Ask if your provider has a price protection guarantee to avoid being stuck in an agreement that can increase in price substantially over subsequent years
6. Review the service Agreement’s Terms:
- Find out the terms of the agreement… There will be a contract, and it will state how many months your provider will service your home or business.
- Take note of the chemicals to be used and how they are distributed in your home or business. In most cases, you want to go for limited amounts and limited distribution.
- Understand how often treatments are repeated and how many treatments are covered in the contract.
- For termite service contracts, you will need to find out if damaged wood will be replaced, and when re-inspections will be performed. Also learn about where treatment stations will be placed and the types of chemicals used – get the labels.
- Find out, how long the service will take, and how often they need to return for inspections, cleanup, or service. Find out what the company will do in the way of prevention.