Guaranteed Bed Bug Heat Treatments in CT
At Yale Pest, our technical knowledge and state of the art equipment allow us to come in to your dwelling and with a small amount of cooperation on your part, bring the temperature up to a lethal range for bed bugs. We are able to monitor as the heat is coming up, to locate and target specific infested areas. Once the temperatures reach 120 degrees, we begin directing and moving the air around to ensure all areas are brought to this threshold. With monitoring devices and laptops, we can adjust and can redirect air flow as needed. This ensures the best and most efficient treatment available. Depending on the situation, pesticides and steam can be used if desired or needed as an adjunct to the heat treat treatments. The pesticides would provide a residual protection to help prevent infestations from adjacent units. (in apartment buildings or attached housing).
The benefits of using our heat treatment process:
- Less use of pesticides
- Control of bedbugs within a room or unit
- The ability to resolve problematic units
- The ability to kill pesticide – resistant bedbugs
- Complete bedbug elimination of all stages of bedbugs life, including eggs, nymphs and adults – therefore, in most cases, requiring only one treatment, and less disruption to occupants
- The ability for heat to find all bedbug hiding spots that cannot be accessed by other methods
- The ability to kill bedbugs that hide in sensitive items, such as electronic equipment such as, (TV’s, computers and stereos), delicate fabrics or furniture that pesticides or steam cannot treat as it may damage these items
- A greener, more sustainable approach to bedbug eradication
1. We Bring Heat
- Electric Bed bug Heaters are placed within the space, introducing and recirculating heated air to achieve lethal temperatures.
- Provide safe heat distribution, as they are regulated not exceed 140 F
- Increase room temperature at a slow and even rate, attracting bedbugs towards the heat source, thus preventing them from dispersing into neighboring rooms
- Increase room temperature at a slow and even rate, preventing damage to furniture, drywall and other items in the room that other heat systems have been known to do
- Are permitted to be used in any building, as they are not propane or kerosene powered
- Are powered by a generator that is parked outside your building in a sound insulated truck.
- Are capable of reaching suites in buildings 25 stories in height
2. We Monitor
The effectiveness of our heat treatment is monitored by dozens of wireless temperature sensors, which transmit temperature data back to a remote computer terminal to insure we reach lethal temperatures without damaging the space and its contents. Ensuring that all areas or “zones” within a room, including furniture, closets, box springs and any other potential bedbug hiding places are brought up to lethal temperatures of at least120F Ensures temperatures never exceed 140F Allows us to record all temperature data in real time intervals for all zones within a room for continual and post evaluation reporting for our technicians, supervisors and clients.
3. We Move Air
Once we have achieved lethal temperature to kill bedbugs. The heat needs to be moved around, similar to a convention oven. In order to distribute the heat into all the hiding spots where bed bugs may be harboring, we use high temperature fans to create a vortex of heated air throughout the bedbug infested space, ensuring it gets into all cracks and crevices and high infestation zones. With the gradual elevation of the temperatures we can maximize our chances of success for complete bedbug elimination.