In order for Yale Pest Elimination to provide the best possible service, we ask that you make a few simple preparations before we arrive. The preparations that we request are minimal, but they are crucial to the success of the program.
If any cooperation above and beyond what is listed here is required, we will make you aware of this as needed.
- Please do not take anything with you when you leave home the day it is treated. If it is not on this list, the heat treatment should not damage the item! Items removed from the structure could result in re-infestation when they are brought back in. If you have any specific concerns on an individual item, please contact your management office so that they can forward any questions to us in a time efficient manner.
- CLUTTER MUST BE DEALT WITH!!! Clutter provides places for bugs to hide that heat may have trouble penetrating. We also need to be able to move and work in the home and excess clutter makes this difficult. If you own excessive items (i.e. furniture) and you know it is difficult to work in your home, please discard items that can be discarded and clean the home so that we can work freely. If your closets are over-packed with items, these items should be organized so that we can heat-treat each of them effectively.
- Do NOT move or bag items that you are not laundering, do only the prep that is requested and nothing more.
- PLEASE REMOVE AND LEAVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX ON THE KITCHEN TABLE:
- AEROSOL CANS FLAMMABLE ITEMS
- CANDLES OR ANY OTHER ITEMS MADE OF WAX AND VASOLINE COSMETICS
- DEODORANT STICKS
- CONTRACEPTIVE DEVICES
- CRAYONS ETC.
- ANY CORKED BOTTLES, SUCH AS WINE
- ANY DRUGS OR ANTIBIOTICS
We will make sure these items are removed prior to heat treatment but we would like to inspect these items for the presence of bed bugs prior to their removal.
- All living animals, pets, plants etc. must be removed
- Unplug all electronics from power sources.
- Upon arrival home, expect disarray of your personal things. During the treatment we will be moving and going through all of your belongings. You can re-organize and clean this up when the treatment is complete.
- We will open windows to try and cool the premises down quicker; this may take several hours after the treatment to occur.
- In the summer turn off the air conditioner several hours prior to our arrival.
- In the winter turn the heat up, prior to our arrival.